Monday, April 6, 2009

Ye Old College Inn (2009.04.03)

Day two dinner was a team outing at Ye Old College Inn at some location in New Orleans (I don't have the address). No appetizer today, just plain old entrees.

E ordered the Grilled Mahi Mahi atop a bed of sauteed spinach with a lobster beurre blanc and garnished with mashed potatoes, tortilla sticks and shrimp. I only tried the mashed potatoes, they were a bit cold. Bleh. The dish looked good though and E seemed to enjoy it.

I decided I needed to turn on the flash. I ordered the Fresh Fish (Redfin) Meuniere, grilled and topped with a creole meuniere sauce over a sauteed medley of fresh asparagus, baby spinach and chopped tomatoes. It was tangy and good. I don't really like tomatoes with my food, but it tasted pretty good in this dish. I enjoyed this dish but it wasn't alot, a bit more like the upscale dining in MD and not the big platters of LA.

This is why I wanted to order dessert. I don't remember the actual name since I didn't take a picture of the menu. However, it's something like "Fried Bread Pudding PoBoy". Everything in LA is "poboy" style, aka fried. Well, we kept thinking they meant poboy to mean in a sandwich, as all poboys are, but our server, Jimmy, cleared it up for us. They take the bread pudding, cuts half of it and deep frys it. Then they put it back on the original bread pudding and puts rum sauce over it with confectionate sugar on top. It was good. It looked better than the regular bread pudding a couple other people got. The funny thing was AJ mentioned bread pudding on Wednesday when I saw her. And I told her then I never had it before and asked if it was like rice pudding, she gave me a funny face and told me she couldn't describe it. Now I know. It's not that hard to describe!! LOL


Total cost = 17.95 + 4.50 + tax + tip = $30

No comments:

Post a Comment