Monday, April 6, 2009

Praline Connection (2009.04.04)

Day three lunch at NO was at the Praline Connection located somewhere. It was highly recommended by the locals. Many of us hadn't had real LA food so it was decided to get a large appetizer platter rather than separate entrees. This was called the Connection Platter. It consisted of Fried Alligator Sausage, Spicy Chicken Wings, Fried Okra, Fried Pickles and Bite Size Catfish. As you can see the catfish were a bit short of "bitsize." Everything was pretty good (your regular fried stuff), except for the chicken which I didn't eat. E said it tasted like spicy chicken so I decided I wasn't missing out. There was 4 different sauces to dip in: Barbeque sauce (not like the one from Oceana Grille, but the normal kind!), tartar sauce, a tomato based sauce and a tartar-like sauce without the pickles.


E and I split another appetizer, BBQ Oysters with garlic toast. The oysters were very fresh, plump and tender. The sauce was, well, BBQ sauce. I'm not a fan of BBQ sauce, so it was all right.


Someone else's meal came with cornbread and I decided I wanted some too. It was your regular cornbread, nothing too special. I think I still liked the one at Vidalia's more. Ha.


Total Cost: $25 split amongst 6 people = $4 + $5 +tax + tip = $12.50

No comments:

Post a Comment