Saturday, June 27, 2009

Homecooked Dinner (2009.06.27)

Roasted bittersquash with beef. This is in response to TkN and the ways we eat bittersquash. I bought some bittersqaush from the grocery store yesterday. It was on sale for the first time this season at $.88 per pound! It wasn't super fresh, but I managed to find enough for one meal. I told mom it had to be cooked right away, so she decided to roast it with cubes of beef.


Cauliflower was also on sale yesterday at $.98 per head. Just throw some garlic and spring onions in oil and add water, salt and pepper and you have a light soup base. Put the cut up cauliflower and you have a very quick soup!


I've always had soup at the end of a meal. It seems odd to drink it in the beginning like in American restaurants. I remember when I lived by myself I actually had a soup bowl and a bowl for eating rice. Instead of drinking water or other liquids, I treated soup as my "water." At home we just have one bowl, so I just drink the soup last as a way to finish off the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment