Saturday, December 19, 2009

Longhorn's Steak House (2009.12.06)

Pictures are worth a thousand words. I was doing a mystery shopper thing for lunch. I'm supposed to get reimbursed for the meal, it just takes 3-4 weeks. I would never eat here on my own tab, it's too pricey and upscale for me. And the portions aren't the right size.

Flo's Filet wrapped with bacon and a side of mashed potatoes. Well I ordered it well done, but it was just plain burnt. It was like they were rushed and turned on the fire real high but didn't bother to realize the steak was burnt. The inside was perfect, the outside, different story. Mashed potatoes were good, except for that butter or whatever white thing that was on top. I think it was melted butter, not kosher with that...



The dessert was called Golden Nugget Fried Cheesecake. I got it togo so it looked a tad different from the advertisement. I don't like fried foods and that reminded of of that. It was the type of fried batter that was just too much and too greasy. The cheescake was good and so was the ice cream. The strawberry drizzle was all right and I'm glad I didn't eat it there, it would've tasted funky with everything all together the way it's supposed to be. I ate them separately, fried cheesecake dipped with strawberry and ice cream dipped in strawberry. It tasted better that way. I would've liked the cheesecake by itself, but one can't ask for all that...



Total Cost: After tax and tip $30.50 (all of above plus ice tea)

No comments:

Post a Comment