Sunday, February 22, 2009

CHIPOTLE!

And we have a winner!!! LOL! I can't believe I never took pictures of my Chipotle. Well, here it is, my creation. hehe. You really can't tell from this picture, but my Chicken Burrito Bol has lots of rice with black beans, chicken, hot salsa, tomato salsa, corn salsa and lettuce. I get the same thing every time, without fail. Sometimes I'll get steak, but rarely now since they've upped their prices.

So the official ingredients from the website:
Rice: White rice with freshly chopped cilantro, a dash of citrus juice (I think that means lemon juice) and salt
Black Beans: Black beans are seasoned with cumin, garlic and special spices (that will not be revealed). Slow cooked until tender.
Chicken: Marinated overnight in smoky, spicy chipotle pepper adobo, then grilled. The char marks impart a subtle caramelized flavor.
Tomato Salsa: Chopped red, ripe tomatoes, mixed with red onions, jalapeno peppers and freshly chopped cilantro for a mildly tangy, refreshing taste.
Hot Salsa: This salsa of pureed chiles de arbol, tomatillos and fresh spices is smooth, fill-bodied and a rich, rusty, red color. Very hot. (Sort of, I’ve gotten 3 spoofuls of that stuff before..)
Corn Salsa: Sweet, succulent corn, blended with roasted poblano peppers, jalapeno peppers, red onions, and freshly chopped cilantro. This unique, robust salsa is both sweet and mildly hot.
Lettuce: (Just plain old lettuce in shreds...gee what else did you expect?!?) Except, Chipotle manages to write a few lines about this…Crisp, fresh leaves of crunchy romaine lettuce, cust just right to accompany your tacos. Omit rice and add lettuce to your burrito bowl for a Chipotle salad.

One day, I WILL attempt to make this, but let's start with either working there or buying that house to make it in. ^_^


Total price for a happy stomach: $6.14 + tax = $6.25 (this being the price at the one in Chinatown, I know for a fact the prices are different if you go to the CP, Greenbelt or Columbia one...yes I've been to them all! AND we found one in Dupont Circle when we left from Vidalia's!)

No comments:

Post a Comment