Sunday, February 15, 2009

Olive Garden

I had two $25 gift cards my lead engineer gave me. Did I tell you she loves me? LOL. Anyways, she gave it to me in October (22nd I think) when we were editing our 600-page proposal. She gave me a thank you card and put the gift cards in it. It was very nice of her to do that, considering I was just doing my job and it was only my 2nd month working there. She loves me, period.

Anyhow, mom and I was near an Olive Garden last weekend but I didn't have it with me so I said I'd take her the next time I had it since I keep forgetting to use it. So we went today! We got there around 3:30 after shopping in the area for a bit. She was starving, I was all right. We got there and the lines were long! We got our blinker and was going to go to Safeway since they told us it would be a 35 minute wait. When we got to Safeway the thing started singing...we ran back and found out it does that when it's too far away. Ugh...we stuck around afraid to go back and miss the blinker blink. Anyway, waiting is boring so I'll spare you...we got seated around 4:15 or so.

I ordered hot water for the both of us. The appetizer was the Sicilian Scampi. Eight large shrimp sauteed in extra virgin olive oil with white wine, garlic and lemon over bruschetta-like bread. Spring onions, olives and tomatoes were sprinkled for color and texture. It was pretty good.


Mom wanted something seafood so I ordered Herb Grilled Salmon which came with steamed broccoli and red peppers. (A rather strange combination but I decided it was for color). The salmon was rather light, grilled in Italian herbs and extra virgin olive oil and topped with more herbs on the top. Pretty decent, a bit different from how we cook fish at home, but acceptable.


The last dish is the Mixed Grill. This had 2 skewers of grilled marinated steak and chicken with rosemary demi-glace, served with grilled zucchini and Tuscan potatoes. This didn't have a very strong flavor and was pretty good also.


Of course, being Olive Garden the entrees came with endless salad and breadsticks which Mom really loved. Mom and I both don't eat much cheese (though she'll eat it before I do) so we didn't put any extra on any of our food.

Total: 9.95 + 15.75 + 15.75 + tax = 43.94 + 8.06 tip = $52.00

/*FYI: I stole alot of the ingredient wording from Olive Garden's menu.*/

No comments:

Post a Comment